To the left, the first photo is from the day before my show (taken on Aug 25).
The second photo is from this past Friday, October 6.
I take progress pics every Friday to be aware of how my body is changing.
I weighed 122.6 in the first pic and 129.4 In the second.
To put things in perspective, I was towards the end of a water cut when I took the first picture and was taking natural diuretics and eating asparagus like a fool to prepare the final touches for the stage.
For The picture from last week I've been upping my food intake and cutting back cardio (still doing quite a bit as I'm reversing slowly to stay conditioned) yet I am only at a 6.8 pound difference from the first pic and my water cut led me to lose about 5-7 pounds.
Stage weight was probably 120-121.
I'm sharing all of this for many reasons.
1. I would have NEVER posted these photos years ago in fear of judgment or criticism despite the fact that there's nothing wrong with them. I share them now to show my healer relationship with my body image.
2. These results are by no means 'easy' but I have this deep desire and will within me that's kept me on track and allows me to feel good about it.
3. I have been sore everyday for months now and it's been worth it to me. While that may not be what most people want in their day to day reality, for me this is about being an elite athlete and that consumes a lot of time and energy.
4. I have some days where I look and feel bloated and fluffy and question what I'm doing wrong but most days I am feeling free and empowered in my skin and body. I did this competition knowing that it would challenge the mental work I put in to heal my relationship with food, exercise, and myself yet I'm back and better than EVER.
5. These results are not just because of the past few months but because of years of hard work, trial and error, and a whole lot of grit.
I've loved every moment of my journey through all the ups and the downs and this relationship I have built with myself means more to me than I ever imagined it would.
Falling in love with my body at every stage would have never been possible without the inner work and healing I had to do though. No matter what physical results one is capable of achieving, inner work will determine how much pride, acceptance, and peace you find with those results.
I love the physical work but my journey has been more about my head, heart, and soul than my body. Which is a large part of what inspired me to start helping others to build more than just a body.
If you haven't yet, You can download my e book for free by clicking HERE below to start reading about my 7 step system to aligning inner work with physical results.
This has not only how I transformed my life but others lives from all over the globe who I've had the pleasure of coaching.
|Celeste Rains-Turk; Celestial_Fit International and Building More than Just a Body||